An application for access to Fremantle Ports Maritime Security Zones will only be processed on the basis that the applicant is a holder of a current MSIC. Access will be approved at the discretion of the Fremantle Ports Harbour Master.
The MSIC and/or Access card can be arranged through the MSIC Service Centre at 1 Cliff Street, Fremantle or by contacting the MSIC Service Centre on 08 9430 3580.
Follow the steps below to obtain your MSIC and Fremantle Ports access card.
Fremantle Ports Access Only Applicant Procedure:
1. You must hold a valid MSIC before applying for Fremantle Ports Access.
2. Complete the Fremantle Ports Access Only Application Form.
3. Gather the following documentation to support your application (as per the MSIC induction):
4. Arrange an appointment to lodge your application with the MSIC Service Centre (9430 3580 or 9430 3384). (Arrangements to pay by invoice should be organised at this time.)
5. For Fremantle Ports access, you are required to complete a Safety Induction and provide the printed Safety Induction Certificate before you apply for the card. If you skip sections, your details will not be registered. Go to the Safety induction page.
6. Present your MSIC, letter of operational need, current driver’s license (or other photo identification) and completed application form at the MSIC Service Centre. You will have an identification photo taken.
7. Payment by cash, credit card or EFTPOS is available at the MSIC Service Centre ($143 per access card).
8. Your application to access Fremantle Ports will be reviewed by Fremantle Ports' Harbour Master.
9. Provide photo identification (eg. driver’s licence) when collecting the card.
10. All previously issued Fremantle Ports’ Security Access Cards must be surrendered on collection of the new card.