The MSIC only card will cover areas within regulated ports, around and onboard regulated Australian ships, which have additional security requirements, and security zones on offshore oil and gas facilities.
Follow the steps below to obtain an MSIC.
MSIC applicant procedure
1. Read the MSIC Induction.
2. Complete the MSIC Application Form.
3. Gather the following documentation to support your application (as per the MSIC induction):
* If you do not have original Australian ID, please contact the MSIC Service Centre (9430 3580 or 9430 3384) to discuss your ID requirements before you attend your appointment.
4. Arrange an appointment to lodge your application with the MSIC Service Centre (9430 3580 or 9430 3384). (Arrangements to pay by invoice should be organised at this time.) At the appointment you will have your photo taken and you will be given a unique Application Identification Number.
5. Please ensure you have read and understood the MSIC Conditions of Use before you make application.
6. Payment by cash, credit card or EFTPOS is available at the MSIC Service Centre ($279 per card for two years or $460 per card for four years).
7. After lodgement, Fremantle Ports will request AusCheck to conduct a background check. AusCheck will send a letter advising the outcome to your nominated postal address.
8. Your application will be reviewed by the Fremantle Ports Harbour Master.
9. After you are advised that your MSIC is approved, arrange an appointment with the MSIC Service Centre to collect your MSIC. Provide photo identification (eg. driver’s licence) at collection.
10. All previously issued MSICs and/or Access Cards must be surrendered on collection of the new card.
(Please note: After an MSIC application has been lodged, a monetary refund cannot be made.)